Re: [Circle] do_who, Headache Level 50

From: Franco (awe@mt.arias.net)
Date: 07/24/96

        Well, there is an extremely easy way around this problem. It is a little
less efficient, but it is so small that it is unnoticeable.

send_to_char("*****Immortals******\r\n", ch);

for (i = descriptor_list; i; i->next) {

 if (GET_LEVEL(tch) < LVL_IMMORT)
    continue;
 blah;
 blah;
}

send_to_char("*****Mortals******\r\n", ch);

for (i = descriptor_list; i; i->next) {
 if (GET_LEVEL(tch) > LVL_IMMORT)
   continue;

 blah;
 blah;
}

This basically creates two seperate lists, and I have had no problems with it.
However, you have to get rid of all parameters that you can place on the do_who
(ie outlaws, thieves, killers, ect), but who the hell uses them anyway, right?
It increases the runtime a tiny amount, but figure your descriptor list will
prolly
average around 30, so its not like it has to wade through alot by adding another
for loop.

Hope this helps

                Franco

                Bharran, BloodLust MUD