Re: [Circle] Re: Just an observation AND newbie color!

From: Terry Valladon (Reaper@cyber.reno.nv.us)
Date: 07/25/96

>>        You know, even though i submit a few things here and there, I agree
>>with you 100%. It's pretty sad when someone ftps, untarrs, and compiles and
>>they call themselves an IMP. IMPs must KNOW_C_ and there is nothing more
>>to it. If you aren't familiar with it, don't try it.

ok, I hate to take up space but I wanted to thank you on condeming all of us
newbie's, I can program in 4 languages, but c is not one of them, and now
you are trying to say that us newbies should just be ignored and jive up our
passion, I feel that that is a very bad attatude, granted you may have
hacked it till you knew it, but all us newbies are asking is for a little
help, I dont _NEED_ your code, the only ones I have used are do_scan and
OasisOLC, the first because I have seen it on other muds and it comes in
handy, and the second is to save time and let my girlfriend help in world
creation. oh, and my girlfriend installed socials.diff but I put in the
ACMD's. but just because I dont (yet) know c you are trying to tell me to
give it up? I dont think so, I dont want the full answer from anyone, just a
few pointers. does it make me a LOOSER because I am asking a few questions?
should I be draged out into the street and shot because of it? no, if
nothing else I should be given credit for at least trying. sure, I could ask
people to make all the code I want for me, but I want to make it, I want to
learn this stuff, and I just ask you stand by while I am learning.

ok, now I will step down off of my pedistal and ask for assistance once again.

I installed the color codes to the prompt but now it only shows one thing at
a time, if I type prompt M the mana is red (like I wanted) but none of the
other stuff shows up, if I type prompt all only the moves show up. I know
there is an error somewhere in my code, but I cant figure it out seeing how
I only added onto the stock code and kept the outline the same, here it is
if anyone can offer me hints I would be thankfull.

[dident alter anything above this]
  if (GET_INVIS_LEV(d->character))
      sprintf(prompt, "i%d " , GET_INVIS_LEV(d->character)),

    if (PRF_FLAGGED(d->character, PRF_DISPHP))
      sprintf(prompt, "%s%dH ", prompt, GET_HIT(d->character)),

    if (PRF_FLAGGED(d->character, PRF_DISPMANA))
      sprintf(prompt, "%s%s%dM%s ", CCRED(d->character, C_CMP), prompt,
GET_MANA(d->character), CCNRM(d->character, C_CMP)),

    if (PRF_FLAGGED(d->character, PRF_DISPMOVE))
      sprintf(prompt, "%s%dV ", prompt, GET_MOVE(d->character)),

    strcat(prompt, "> ");
    write_to_descriptor(d->descriptor, prompt);
  }
}

hints please!
Cyber Reaper