Re: [Circle] Re: Just an observation

From: bub (bub@agis.ag.net)
Date: 07/26/96

On Fri, 26 Jul 1996, Alex wrote:

> > >IMPS do NOT have to know C.
> > BS!
>
> No, not BS.  No where is is stated IMPS *must* have C knowledge.  C
> knowledge, and coding ability is helpful.  A *good* IMP should know C.  You
> seem to confuse a GOOD IMP and a Newbie IMP.  It just happens to be
??? A good imp MUST know C?
Something there in that sentance just doesn't make sense.

Let's use an example. Okay, you gots 3 coding fools that want a mud. SO
they go out, get circle, and start modding away. Before long, you can't
even recognize the code as circle based. So they show it to someone, and
get a site. It's a very cool mud, and because they have no/little
creative ability when it comes to building, they use OLC to let some of
their players build. Their mud rocks, and rolls alog for awhile. But then
there is a clash of player opinions. The 3 people don't know what to do.
Sure, they can code in a new feature, but they can't for the life of them
calm down the people. So now, whenever you go on, it's mass chaos.
Everybody is taking sides and going nutz. Sparks fly. Nice mud? for a few
people, yeah, but I for one don't like the gossip channel burn up from
flame overload.
The point here? Yes, 1 or 2 or 3 CODING imps are needed to create a good
mud, but you need other components to the administrative machine if you
want the mud to work.