[Circle] NEWBIE: names and stuff. or fighting for life! =:)

From: Terry Valladon (Reaper@cyber.reno.nv.us)
Date: 07/28/96

I am trying to get it so that during a fight it prints some info like my
name for one.
but this does not seem to work. what is wrong? any HINTS?

    if (GET_POS(d->character) == POS_FIGHTING)
       sprintf(prompt, "%s ", GET_NAME(d->character));

see what I am trying to do is make it so that when you are fighting it prints

|killer (good)|rabid dog (bad)|25H|25M|45V|>
         ^   ^            ^  ^
         green             red

so I figure I need to test if the chr is fighting first, then I get his name
and print it, then I get both HIT and MAX_HIT and do a test like in my color
stat prompt program, then I get the vict name and then his HIT and MAX_HIT
and do a simular check, but I cant figure out how to get the names, I know
about GET_HIT(d->vict) and all, so once I can get the names I am k00l.
thanks for the hints in advance.
Cyber Reaper
Realms of Reality
***UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!***