[Circle] Boat Spec_proc

From: linebacker (linebacker@microlink.net)
Date: 07/28/96

Here is what I have done so far.

Created an object with a special procedure,
the ship.

When A player types 'board ship' they are transfereed
to the ship room. This all works fine.

Then I have the room where the ship loads into, the dock
and I am trying to make a spec_procs for this, but am
failing miserably.

Here is what the spec_procs is so far, (just the bare bones)
I just want it to load and unload the ship at specific times.

SPECIAL(moonshadow_dock)
{
  struct obj_data *ship;
  int ship_num = 10039, dock_num = 2110, docked = 0;
  char *fname(char *namelist);

while ((docked == 0) && (time_info.hours == 14)) {
    ship = read_object(ship_num, VIRTUAL);
    obj_to_room(ship, real_room(dock_num));
    docked = 1;
}

while ((docked == 1) && (time_info.hours == 15)) {
      obj_from_room(ship);
      act("The Moonshadow has left port and headed down river.\r\n", FALSE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);
      docked = 0;
}

return 0;
}

Now, as is, it will continue to load ships into the room until time is
3:00. Then the mud crashes because of what I am assuming is a warning I
get when I compile that ship might be used unitialized.

How can I make this so that at time == 14, it will only load one ship and
then at time == 16 it will extract the ship? Also, how can I intialize ship
in the second part of the procedure?

Or maybe, am I going about this all wrong?

Once the players are at the ship room, another procedure there will send them
messages and eventually transfer them off the ship to the new dock. The only way
a player can get on the ship is to be present when the ship is in dock and type
'board ship'. Also, the ship is going to be several rooms, is there a way to
send messages to the zone such as act or send_to_char?

Thanks, Chuck