Re: [Circle] Role Playing in CircleMud

From: Mark McArthey (mcarthey@mfa.com)
Date: 08/20/96

On Tue, 20 Aug 1996, zeke wrote:

> I can see the purpose in eliminating alignment, but what purpose does it
> serve to eliminate stats.

[snip]

I don't mean that they shouldn't be used to keep track of the player
abilities, but only that the player should not necessarily know what they
are.  I don't think it is very realistic to see numbers in place of
attributes.
Asking Joe Player what his strength is should not result in a reply
of 16.  The score should state 'moderately strong' or something
equivalent instead.  Perhaps the descriptions that result from
the player stats could be used to create a 'default' player description.
I know many players don't take the time to fill that out when generating
a character.  Perhaps this could become a requirement on a RP MUD?

Thanks,

 Mark McArthey          `  _ ,  '
 mcarthey@execpc.com   -  (o)o)  -