Re: [Circle] [CODE] Ident Patch

From: Rasmus 'Con' Ronlev (raro94ab@hp4.econ.cbs.dk)
Date: 08/27/96

On Tue, 27 Aug 1996, Brian Christopher Guilbault wrote:

> the rejections, and compiled. The compile went flawlessly, but when make
> got to the linking stage, I got a couple "undefined reference" errors in
> comm.o. The only thing I could think of was that <ident.h> might not be
[ SNIP SNIP]
> mobact.o modify.o objsave.o olc.o shop.o spec_assign.o spec_procs.o
> spell_parser.o spells.o utils.o weather.o alias.o
> comm.o: In function `game_loop':
> /home/dante/circle/src/comm.c:594: undefined reference to `waiting_for_ident'
> /home/dante/circle/src/comm.c:590: undefined reference to `ident_check'
[SNIPPY SNIPPERTY :)]

Well, after this hefty snippering of the original message, I think I've
got the solution handy *grin* The problem seems to be, that when you've
gotten all the 'modules' of code defined (.o files) it can't find the
above mentioned procedures in any of them... this is because you lack
compiling the ident.o file into the 'pool of modules'. What you need is to
add the ident.o file to the Makefile to get it included in compilation.

My Makefile looks like this:

OBJFILES =
        house.o ident.o interpreter.o limits.o magic.o mail.o mobact.o \
....            ^^^^^^^^-> need to add that one

# Dependencies for the main mud
ident.o: ident.c structs.h utils.h comm.h db.h ident.h
        $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) ident.c

the ...'s mean I cut out some text... no need to spam the list totally..
*grin*

Well, hope this helps.
Con.

d.
--
     Rasmus Rønlev DOEK'94      WWW: http://www.econ.cbs.dk/people/raro94ab
     Student instructor         MUD: exiled.mud.circlemud.org 5000