Saving Objects

From: Sean P. Mountcastle (mountcas@pluto.ee.cua.edu)
Date: 10/04/96

	I've been trying to get players mud mail to save to disk when
they rent.  But the problem is the message is of variable length and the
rent file is a binary file.  Also, why do the objsave routines read the
object from the saved virtual number?  This ruins any strings that were
saved for the player (i.e. a special one shot Sword of XXX, made
especially for XXX).  Anyone have any ideas about how to do this without
having to make two separate files (one ascii for strings and another
binary for numerical data)?  Should I just save all objects as ASCII files?

	Thanks for any advice in advance,

	- Sean

P.S.  Perhaps this should be added to the main release, along with set
      commands to change strings on loaded objects...

Sean Mountcastle