Re: [code] Playerfile conversion

From: Admin of The Keep (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 10/07/96

On Sat, 5 Oct 1996, Niese-Petersen wrote:

> [snip]
>
> the space I save.. And extra information like that, will just add up.
> Thats why I take the chance and load/save in the same order :)

  You could save more space if you have fields that are set to the
  default and just completely eliminate them from the file.   That
  way, while you are gaining a bit of space for the "field"  being
  there, you are also eliminating "0 0 (null) (null) 0 0 0"   from
  the file.  I personally don't see why, though, you'd need to  do
  a save of their name in the pfile considering the name is  known
  by the time we are reading the pfile (eg., "spawn.plr" obviously
  belongs to the person named, "Spawn," no ned to have that in the
  actual pfile).

  <*=-+Daniel+-=*>
  "Forgive me father, for I am sin."