Re: [CODE] Pulse status on MOBS??

From: Søren Peter skou (tigerdyr@internet.dk)
Date: 10/12/96

Hi all..

> define a new PULSE_FAST  (1 RL_SEC) in structs.h,
> then add it to the heartbeat function in comm.c and use it to check
> for these hyper-agg mobs (make a new function mob_hyper_agg() copying
> the agg code in mobact.c).
>
> at least, i think that should work ;)

Er.. done that now, but .. ehem.. Mud tends to crash when I've put that
in.

Here's what I've done :

in structs.h I've put in

#define PULSE_FAST (1 RL_SEC)

in mobact.c :

void mob_hyper_agg (void)
{
  register struct char_data *ch, *next_ch, *vict;
  struct obj_data *obj, *best_obj; /* for later use */
  int door, found, max;
  memory_rec *names;
blahblahblah.. copied from mobact.c/mobile_activity thingy for aggro
mobs.

in comm.c under void heartbeat(int, pulse):

  if (!(pulse % PULSE_FAST))
   mob_hyper_agg();

that is about it.. I'm failing to see where I err.. fail *gig* what am I
missing?? and how do I refer to these fast mobs?? (as I see it, all mobs
all of a sudden becomes megafast)

/soren says with a tiny voice, 'Help'