Re: [Code] Player titles on leveling

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@polarnet.com)
Date: 10/13/96

 "Jonathan Blackhawke" <hawke@excalibur.net> wrote: (Sun, 13 Oct 1996 13:30:24 -0500)

 >  Well, I'm still trying to pinpoint the quitting problem I've been having,
 >  but while I'm frustrated on it, I'm working on another project of removing
 >  the titles that Circle gives to each player upon leveling so that the
 >  player will be able to keep his/her own title each time they level and not
 >  have to keep changing it back to what they want.  I've been able to locate
 >  the areas that I need to change and the places in particular that I'm
 >  looking at is in the limits.c where the define for READ_TITLE is.  Here I
 >  can see that it is pulling the male/female titles from class.c titles.
 >  What do I need to remove or modify to keep it from pulling these titles
 >  (I've gone down as far as remarking the title_m/title_f sections of all the
 >  title_type areas to get down to this point (and removing the actual titles
 >  from the class.c).  Thank you in advance :)

 I did the very same thing..Add a string to the player file.. Use it to
 store their title when they aren't in the game.. Yank all the title
 stuff..Update the player load/save routines to read/store the title
 string.. create a new title command that validates and stores the
 input.. then make a macro to reference the info.. and put the reference
 in the sprintf's in the who command, etc.. If you want to have 'default'
 titles, just have a function that sets a title based on input (level,
 class, etc) and call it when they level or whatever (not my choice..
 but ... )

-- http://www.polarnet.com/Users/gbarnett/ -- telnet://mud.polarnet.com:4000