Re: [Code] Player titles on leveling

From: Admin of The Keep (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 10/13/96

On Sun, 13 Oct 1996, Gary Barnett wrote:

>  I did the very same thing..Add a string to the player file.. Use it to
>  store their title when they aren't in the game.. Yank all the title
>  stuff..Update the player load/save routines to read/store the title
>  string.. create a new title command that validates and stores the
>  input.. then make a macro to reference the info.. and put the reference
>  in the sprintf's in the who command, etc.. If you want to have 'default'
>  titles, just have a function that sets a title based on input (level,
>  class, etc) and call it when they level or whatever (not my choice..
>  but ... )

  But I thought...  Hrm, I *know* titles are already saved.  So it should
  just require removing all the set_title(ch, NULL)s from the code,
  really, and READ_TITLE etc.  Then in do_start do:

    sprintf(buf, "the Neophyte %s", pc_class_types[GET_CLASS(ch)]);
    set_title(ch, buf);

  Simple as that... I think.. :)

  <*=-+Daniel+-=*>
  "Forgive me father, for I am sin."