Re: parse error??

From: Admin of The Keep (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 10/18/96

On Sat, 19 Oct 1996, Chi Hoai Tran wrote:

>   This is personally addressed to Jeremy, but if anyone else knows the bug
> could you please reply.  I would like to know what the particular parse
> error is or if someone could direct me to which function the bug occurs
> so I could go and fix it myself.  I have made extensive changes to
> patch 11 to the point where I think its not worth the effort to patch
> anything.
>    Thanks in advance.

  Funny, it takes about 20 minutes to update a heavily modified (cliched)
  to the next patchlevel generally.  Sometimes less, sometimes more.  All
  you have to do is try the patch and put in the rejects when neccessary;
  you of course have to use common sense and not overwrite your own work,
  but the patch file itself can only locate and change what it can find,
  and it uses line numbers as well as content.  If the line it's looking
  for is not there (or exactly the same as it is in the patch file) it
  just won't patch it.  Plain and simple.

  <*=-+Daniel+-=*>
  "Forgive me father, for I am sin."