Re: Mob/Obj Lister

From: Alex (fletcher@cspo.queensu.ca)
Date: 10/27/96

> i want to make a program that will allow me to view all the objects in my
> mud, sorted by vnum and all the mobs, sorted by vnum.
>
> what i need to know and have not really been able to determine is the layout
> of the world files.  if anybody could tell me the record structure for the
> *.mob and *.obj files i would really appreciate it.

What I don't understand is why people don't poke around and look at things
before asking questions.  Both of these questions can be easily answered
by doing this:

   Look at structs.h for the structures of objects, mobiles, rooms, etc.
   Compare this to the file, and compare both of these to what is well
   described in building.doc in the docs directory.

   For code snippets and whatnot, check out the FTP site.  Check out the
   Code Snippets Site.  Both are nicely listed in the Mailing List FAQ
   which you of course read already.

--
Erm... Yeah.  Whatever.