A little history.

From: Michael Scott (scottm@dns.workcomm.net)
Date: 10/28/96

	Thanks, for the comments on the improved_editor everyone, but I
also wanted to mention that, there was an original improved_edit uploaded
to the site .. (i think the date on it was like may/june?)  And it was
after I looked at THAT code (which had some minor algorhymic(sp?)
problems as well as memory leaks), that I got the ideas that turned into the
current patch.  Ground Zero, put together the original patch, and while
90% of the code was re-written, it was his(her?, hrm) initiative in
uploading the original that inadvertantly caused the end product.  So
just goes to show you that some good things can happen, when people take some
time and put even a basic idea into some kind of form.

	But also, in the same token, every patch should be THOUGHRALY
tested and ran through every debugger that you have in your arsenal,
because there's no garantees that I am any better programmer than Joe
Blow who just d/led his first pd C compiler and thought coding on a mud
would be a good place to start.  If you WANT to release some kind of
code for an idea, but think that its a little buggy, maybe post that in
the header or somewhere.

	Now, that I have everyone doing "/d-1-100101" and "/l99999-0", i
did to some fairly decent testing on the editor before I put it out, I
just ran into some conflicts when i tried to have 1 patch for 2 different
versions of the code.

                      Michael Scott -- "Living in the Eye of the Hurricane."
		      FLAMES/COMMENTS to scottm@workcomm.net

PS.  Play at work and work at play.