[Circle] Debate

From: Chi Hoai Tran (necro@progsoc.uts.edu.au)
Date: 11/04/96

   Heh, I thought since this thread is something different from our
usual crap, I would air my opinion as well *grin*
   I think that having to wade through your email with your finger
on the delete button without even reading past the first sentence is an
indication of the state of this mailing list.  Once in a blue moon
someone says something extremely useful about the CODE itself, and I get
pleasantly surprised that I have actually saved a piece of mail for a
later perusal - oh well, what do I expect??  Dark Realms never uses
patches because we are obsessed with stability, so I say, if you use
a patch, EXPECT to do some debugging!!!  That's my only gripe I guess.

ObCIRCLE:
Use read_object ONLY if you are actually loading the object into the
game.  If you are merely doing a IF check, then use real_object.

Look through the *.h files to see where most variables are stored -
especially utils.h.

For all mobile activities, its all under mobact.c.  First there is
a check if the mob has any spec_procs, before it checks if the
mob_flags like SCAVENGER etc.  If your mob does have spec_procs,
then return TRUE (in the spec_procs) only if you dont want the
mob_flags being checked, else return FALSE.

That should help some of you along - I hope :))

Horus, Imp of Dark Realms ---> ftoomsh.progsoc.uts.edu.au 5000