Re: [Circle] PULSE SETTINGS

From: Brian Guilbault (guil9964@nova.gmi.edu)
Date: 11/05/96

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996 linebacker@microlink.net wrote:

> btw: My main purpose to this is to make agg mobiles attack
> players more quickly upon contact. Is there any other ways
> of doing this (besides mprogs)?

I have seen people do this with an ULTRA_AGG flag or some such thing and
they check for it in char_to_room. This is horribly inefficient since it
is called a LOT and how many of these mobs are you really going to have?
I just thought of this after I read this message, but you could do it
with a spec_proc that was something like the 'marbles' one that comes
with Sundhaven. I don't have the code in front of me, but if you walk
into a room with marbles on the ground, you have a chance of falling on
your ass. You can just do that, but instead of setting the character's
position, call the hit() function.

Like I said, I'm at work right now and have no code here, but it seems
like that would work. And if you get that code on the snippets page that
lets you assign multiple spec_procs to mobs, you don't even have to lose
any functionality with current mobs. I think I might try this
tonight...if you do this, let me know if it works :-)

  -Brian