Re: [Circle] [Code idea help] Mounts.. ARGH!

From: Christopher J. Dickey (cjd@esca.com)
Date: 11/05/96

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996 BuckFloyd@aol.com wrote:

> If I want my mounts to have their OWN FULL/THIRST/DRUNK points,
> am I going to have to copy/edit/modify/hack db.c and CREATE()
> a mob with a unique RNUM every time a mount is purchased?
> As is, I've got FULL/THIRST/DRUNK working - for one hour.
> After that hour, EVERY copy of that mob on the mud has these
> stats reset to 0, regardless if said copy of that mob has
> a special IS_MOUNT flag set or not..

You could create a seperate linked list for these mounts and just run
through the short list after/before running through the player list
when you pass through the section that updates the players points.  This
way you don't run through the huge list of *all* mobs to find the IS_MOUNT
flags.  You'd have to add a pointer to the mobs to put them in a new list
or use C++ and put them in a list container (sorry, can't help it ;).

-cjd