Re: [Circle] [Admin] Site Provision

From: Ole Gjerde (gjerde@plains.nodak.edu)
Date: 11/08/96

On Thu, 7 Nov 1996, claywar wrote:

> Depends, some will run it for free, some not.  I saw a commercial mud
> running business that wanted 50$/mo to host your mud (which I think is
> outrageous).  Listen, get yourself a static ip, and install some type of

You have the right to your opinion, but what have you been smoking?
50$/month outrageous?  I don't think it.  It is quite reasonable
actually.  I pay that amount to mudservices.com every month, but I
don't think it's too bad.  You get a lot for that money, and you use
quite a bit of their resources.  Do you expect to get it for free?

Nothing is free.  Someone is always paying for it. :)

> unix on your system, it gives you a whole lot more freedom of system
> admin.

This is a good idea..  Except it might get a little slow on a modem..

----
Ole Gjerde
Homepage: http://www.pconline.com/~gjerde
Email: gjerde@plains.nodak.edu, gjerde@pconline.com
Studying Computer Science at North Dakota State University
"Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."
                                                  -- Unknown/Nem Schlecht