Re: [Circle] [Newbie]

From: M.A.Clubine (maclubin@adala.smith.cis.syr.edu)
Date: 11/11/96

Boy, I have been replying to this list alot lately.  Anyway, something I
have found that I like, though I dont know how plausible is to have sort
of a "parent" mud.  What I mean is have someone take you under their wing
and show you the ropes.  The makefile thing was a very newbie thing, but
I didn't know till some other Imp I was talking to told me last year.  It's
things like that you hear once and then the next time it happens you
know what to do.  I dont know, mabye I am just losing my mind.  I never
rule that one out! :)

Monroe - Eternal

> > feel bad spamming all of you every day on stupid stuff, if you have any
> > ideas on how I could find a coder please tell me...
>
> Well asking here is a good way :) However most people here probably run
> muds themselves. I myself found all my coders at the beginning by asking
> very nicely in Usenet groups like:
>   alt.mud.programming
>   rec.games.mud
>   etc
>
> After that, just by chatting with the people who play on your MUD
> Never know, you may find one right under your nose :)

   ._ o
  /  //\.  Michael A. Clubine   (maclubin@syr.edu)
 '  \>> |    E t e r n a l     (smith.syr.edu 4000)
     \\ '         http://borogove.syr.edu/