Re: [Circle] [Newbie]

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 11/12/96

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Todd Hamilton Richert wrote:

- #2.)  I am not getting anywhere I have tried everything I can think of
- including going to a good deal of circle muds and trying to talk to
- people/advertise i have a lot of builders but not one coder on my mud.  And
- I am at a loss as to how to find someone to help me code my mud because I
- feel bad spamming all of you every day on stupid stuff, if you have any
- ideas on how I could find a coder please tell me...

Advertising on other people's muds is a good way to wear out your welcome
pretty quick.  Some people may not like this suggestion, but I think this
list is a good place to find a coder.  If you've got a semi-established
mud and a site, placing one ad with a subject like "[AD] Coder Wanted"
will probably get you a few responses.  And for those of you who are just
getting started and are trying to code, volunteer for these openings.
The best way to learn coding is to sign on with an existing mud, and
you'll quickly learn the ropes, especially if the implementors already
know how to at least run a mud.

I started circle coding out of curiosity and answered an ad on this list
over a year ago, and I'm real happy with the mud that gave me a chance
(which I still call home).

Sam