[Circle] Mentors?

From: Mark McArthey (mcarthey@mfa.com)
Date: 11/13/96

I know this has been brought up before, but has anyone given thought
to mentoring?  This may alleviate some of the questions that
annoy others so much.  While we may not all be able to answer all
questions, a good knowledge of C could be useful to someone with
little.  Personally, I don't know how to add things like races off of
the top of my head only because I haven't done it.  I'm 100% confident
that I can figure it out though.  I'm sure there are a number of you
that relate.  I'm not suggesting that we take someone under the wing
and be a psuedo-slave to them... write this, write that, etc.  Merely
that we take a moment ourselves to find out how something works and
give this information to this other person.  It's tough to be of any
help when 10 people a day ask questions that would involve a bit of
research on my part.  I am coding my own mud, and can't take the time
to help everyone.  One person is feasible though.

Anyone interested in developing a mentor program with the above
ideas in mind?

 Mark McArthey          `  _ ,  '
 mcarthey@execpc.com   -  (o)o)  -