Re: [Circle] Auto-setting commands for newbies??

From: Sigurdur R. Helgason (sigurdur.helgason@isp.his.se)
Date: 11/18/96

At 16:25 1996-11-17 -0800, you wrote:
>Okay here is my delimma (<- I think I spelled that right?? ANYWAYZ):
>
>I am trying to set certain flags for when a newbie first enters the
>MUD....I want to set AUTOEXIT, COLOR COMPLETE, DISPLAY ALL, and AUTOLOOT.

Well ...
I fixed prompt all and autoexits for my newbies by:
1. Finding out how it was done by the commamds (autoexit and prompt all)
2. find the function called when the char is first created
   (void do_start(struct char_data * ch) in class.c)
3. add the needed calls at the right place.

Result
in class.c
-- a piece of func void do_start(..) --
..
 GET_COND(ch, THIRST) = 24;
 GET_COND(ch, FULL) = 24;
 GET_COND(ch, DRUNK) = 0;
  /* 961115 Added to always have AUTOEXIT and 'PROMPT all' set *
   * for new chars, SRH */
  PRF_TOG_CHK(ch, PRF_AUTOEXIT); /* the autoexit */
  SET_BIT(PRF_FLAGS(ch), PRF_DISPHP | PRF_DISPMANA | PRF_DISPMOVE); /* the
prompt*/
  /* end add 961115 */

..

-- end cut --