Re: [Circle] dmalloc

From: Mark McArthey (mcarthey@mfa.com)
Date: 11/19/96

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, Ric Klaren  wrote:

[snip]

> I include the dmalloc.h below in sysdep.h

Same here.

> you did something like (for bash)
>
> eval `dmalloc -l /mud/dmalloc.log -i 100 mud`
>                                          ^^^

Correct.  I believe my command used 'low' here, but otherwise the same.

> then if everything went well you got an extra environment var DMALLOC
> echo $DMALLOC should print all the options....

This command dumped to STDOUT the statements that would set the
environment variables.  I had to manually take them and export them.
Doing a 'env' shows they are then part of the enviroment though.
No real problem there.

> Then just execute the prog (you of course did a complete recompile of all
> source...)

Yep, recompiled the source.  No problems indicated in compile.
Still no log.
Should this log file be generated immediately?  Only upon errors, etc?

I have followed the steps in the README's and they match with what
you have outlined above.
Still no luck.

Thanks,

 Mark McArthey          `  _ ,  '