Re: [Circle] help, again please

From: Christopher M. Ryan (drizzt@visi.net)
Date: 11/20/96

> >Ok, i now have it running under win95 and i can access the mud, i am
just
> >wondering what the last 4 lines on this mean and how i can solve these
> >errors, also my logging does not work at all, my log dir is empty, is
>
> >Error reading board: No such file or directory
>
> Post something on the boards, that'll create the file.
>
> As for the log/ directory.  Files there are made by the "autorun"
> script which you aren't running (it's a shell script).  If you want to
make
> syslogs, you'll have to change the log() function to write to disk
itself.

> --
> George Greer	Student Systems Co-Administrator of Dragon
> greerga@muohio.edu	http://www.ham.muohio.edu/~greerga
> --
> Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus
> handicapped.                -- Elbert Hubbard
	some earlier posted a run.bat template (or something to go by) for running
a mud and have it load back up again if it crashes.

bin\circle.exe
run.bat

if you want to log to a file make use >

bin\circle.exe > log\circle.log
run.bat

This will redirect the messages to the log file. i am not sure if the
messages will still appear on the screen. for this you have to edit log()
<shrug> it is a simple way to do it. you can also expand this to write
different log names if one alreadt exits but i thiingk it will append if
the file exits already.

Christopher M. Ryan
drizzt@visi.net
http://www.visi.net/~drizzt/index.html