Re: [Circle] Oasis

From: Jack Wilson (deejay@cu-online.com)
Date: 11/21/96

Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Brian Williams - Nashak wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if anyone knows how to make it so Oasis doesn't take
> > people who are in OLC from the who list.. <i.e.
> > [ Implementor ] Nashak (OLC)
> > [ Implementor ] Imp
> >
> > instead of
> > [ Implementor ] Imp
>
> You problem lies in the fact that OLC sets the users on 'Writing' mode
> when using OLC...

Nope.  The reason this happens is that Circle assumes that if your
connection state isn't equal to CON_PLAYING, you must be at the
menu, so it doesn't show you on the who list.

The source of this particular 'feature' can be found in
act.informative.c, in do_who(), where the following statement can
be found:

   if (d->connected)
      continue;

Change it as necessary for your OLC setup.  Since you know C, I think
that's enough information to go on.

--
"A rare instance of a solid period, end of story, case-closed moment
 took place in the first presidential debate when Bob Dole croaked his