Re: Tanking Character

From: Alvoria MUD (mudguy@conan.ids.net)
Date: 12/02/96

On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Chris Ryan wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Brian Guilbault wrote:
> > I'm adding group's "tanking" character's status to the prompt of grouped
> > players and had one question. Is there an existing pointer to the char
> > who is "tanking"? Will FIGHTING(ch) return the first person fighting the
> > target or is there some other way? I know how to get the keader of the
> > group, but they are not necessarily the tank.
> 	If you get FIGHTING(mob pointer) this will tell you who is tanking
> at that moment.

Not necessarily. If you are trying to find a tank that's within a same
group of players that check could lead you to someone outside the group
whom the group is assisting, though for most 'observed' cases it would
work (you don't always see a group assisting someone outside the group
very often... or at least I don't :P).

Alvoria MUD -- "Where'd all the bears go?"
  Address   -- telnet://conan.ids.net:4000/
  Homepage  -- http://users.ids.net/~mudguy/
  (under construction, perhaps not even updated for months to come)