Re: newbie

From: raistlin (raistlin@inil.com)
Date: 12/03/96

> I was calling the ISP's around here (Saint Paul, Minnesota) and the people
are
> talking about charging me $150 to $350 dollars a month to let me run my mud
on
> thier server. Can anyone give me some advice on how to run it from home, or a
> name of a service provider? I have a pent. 133 win95 willing to put linux on
> it.
Well you could run it on a T1 at home, but that would cost you way too much,
but would be nice :), you could run it on a ISDN line at home, which would cost
you about 300+ for the modem depending on brand, 50+ a month for the phone line
and anywhere between 60-200 dollars a month for the 24 hour ISDN account thru
your ISP.  Or you could just run it on a 28.8 line and be up only when your
online, and be laughed at :).  Just some rough ideas for what your talking
about.
Later,
Raistlin
---
     _.-^^---....,,--      "MACINTRASH /mak'in-trash`/ n. The Apple
 _--                  --_   Macintosh, as described by a hacker who
<                        >) doesn't appreciate being kept away from
| The_Hacker's_Dictionary | the {real computer} by the inter-face.
 \._                   _./  The term {maggotbox} has been reported
    ```--. . , ; .--'''     in regular use in the Research Triangle
          | |   |           area of North Carolina.  Compare
       .-=||  | |=-.        {Macintoy}.  See also {beigetoaster},
       `-=#$%&%$#=-'        {WIMP environment}, {point-and-drool
 _____.,-#%&$@%#&#~,._____  {user-friendly}, {user-obsequious}."