Re: Fake E-mail

From: John C. A. Bambenek, Esq. (bambenek@alecto.physics.uiuc.edu)
Date: 12/11/96

Really? Considering my e-mail address is not on that, and you are
accusing me of a federal crime, I would HIGHLY recommend that you post an
apology, or I may be very apt to seek legal action.

On Wed, 11 Dec 1996, Jack Wilson wrote:

> This is a atypical forged e-mail (bambenek@alecto.physics.uiuc.edu)
> wrote:
> > Well, I've been watching the list for awhile now. . .let's see if you
> > can trace this e-mail message.  Point made.
>
> Yes, you've proven your point(s):
>
>   - You are just so elite.  We'll never figure out which Mac II that
>     message came from unless I walk down the street and enter the lab.
>
>   - This impressive display of maturity clearly demonstrates what
>     players and admins can expect from "Nexus MUD".  I seem to recall
>     "Nexus MUD" wasn't accepting any "15 yo chumps"... apparently,
>     18-22 yo chumps are welcome there.
>
>   - Once again, we see that it is possible to annoy someone providing
>     a free service (e.g. a mailing list or MUD) so much that he wants
>     to shut it down.  Personally, I'd just kick off the people who were
>     annoying me, but I guess Alex is too fair-minded for that.
>
> Go away, John.
>
> -- Jack

"For on this journey, this destiny, I must travel alone."
|from: John C. A. Bambenek  &         | Nexus MUD Development Team Head   |
|bambenek@alecto.physics.uiuc.edu     | ttz.inil.com 9000                 |
|Homepage under construction	      | Based on the AmalgaMUD concept    |
           -----====== John C. A. Bambenek Enterprises ======-----
	   -----======     Chief Executive Officer     ======-----