Re: All this stupidity

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 12/12/96

On Thu, 12 Dec 1996, Gabriel wrote:

>         Please.
>         This list used to be a very good source of help and support for
> everything that I lack.  Now it's become a silly little bickering match
> about who killed who.  Who cares?  All I care about is the "huge tracts
> of land."

...and it's not the first time it's decomposed, and this is certainly
better than the last few times I remember.  This probably won't even
be the last time the list has a little break down and stupidity runs
wild.  No-one can stop it, all you can do is ignore it.  As hard as that
may seem, that's the only thing that will make it go away.

Another interesting thing, here, is that every single time there is a
few people who send these, "Can't we all just get along," messages, and
they are usually flamed or completely ignored.  I think, then, we have
signifigant proof that it was not Rodney King's desperate plea to the
black and latino population of Los Angeles to stop rioting, but the big
guys with the guns :)  Science is the magic where you take one proven
fact, and create, via inferrence, a thousand falsehoods.

> I'm all for the creation of a private mailing list for serious coders.

There is a moderated CircleMUD mailing list.  Although that's not what
you're looking for exactly (I have some concept of an ideal mailing
list for coders), it should serve you quite well.  The future of it
depends upon how many people get involved with it.  I don't remember
the address, someone else could tell you.  The homepage, though, I
know is at <http://tw.imaxx.net/mcircle/>

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com