Re: [NEWBIE] Need help with the makefile.

From: Nic Suzor (suzor@bluesky.net.au)
Date: 12/13/96

At 01:08 PM 12/13/96 -0500, Allan M. Grant wrote:
<SNIP>
>I run and compiled the mud under Win95 and with MSVC++. But unlike unix
>Win95 doesn't have the patch command. If I don't have the patch command
>is there any way I can use that type of patch file?
<SNIP>

my guess would be that you have to view the .patch, and manually change
things. + means add that line, - means take that line away, and ! means
change that line (you will see what to when you scroll down, where it has a
! and the changed version of that line).

however, i have stumbled over a patch command for dos, i havent tried it
out yet, as i run under linux, but you might want to have a look:

(taken from howpatch.txt, by Kyle R. Hofmann <rhofmann@crl.com>)
       Get and install a version of patch suitable for your OS.  Under most
       unicies, (including Linux) this is already available.  For DOS, you
       want
       ftp://oak.oakland.edu/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/pat21b.zip
       ftp://ftp.simtelnet.com/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/pat21b.zip
       I don't know where a windows 95/nt version of patch resides, but the
       DOS version should execute just fine.  If you want to compile your own
       version of patch, get it from
       ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu/diffutils-2.7.tar.gz

hope this helps some :)