Re: [OasisOLC]

From: Anthony J rye (ajrye@one.net)
Date: 12/14/96

On Sun, 15 Dec 1996, Dragon MUD Admin wrote:

> Umm, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here.  I was under the
> impression that you had already attempted to patch the file.  After you
> do it manually (which I would recommend since you can't seem to get it
> to work properly this way) then you compile by typing make all in the
> /src directory.  MSVC++ stands for Microsoft Visual C++.  There is about
> a 0% chance that you will need this if you are compiling on a unix box.
>
> For levels, see ftp2.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/3.x/docs/, I beleive.
> Get levels.doc.  Clans are something you'll have to code on yer own.
>
> Anthony J rye wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 14 Dec 1996, Dragon MUD Admin wrote:
> >
> > > Watch patch carefully.  If you get any errors while patching (hint:  it
> > > will say something to the effect of 'rejected hunk') you will have to
> > > put in the code manually--I experienced the same problem with my mud.
> > >
> > ok i got it but the commands dont show up?
> >  do i patch <name of file> or make?
> > and do i need a file called Mscv++?
> >  Oh if you have a level or clan code you could send me that would be great
> > :)
> > thanks alot!

ok well i did do patch and make,but when i patch and hit enter it does
nothing else but just sit there.
umm i am not sure what filename it was but i know it started with a M and
i was told i would need that??? i guess i was misinformed,oh well.
 all though i am still having the same problems with oasis build.
 thanks for your response and help.