Re: [CODE] Question about patches]

From: Peter Hartman (hartman@kuntrynet.com)
Date: 12/15/96

Alex Wingert wrote:

 > Before I attempt to manually do a patch, I've got two questions:)
 >
 > 1) A '+' before a line means add it, right?:)
 > 2) So then, does a '!' mean take the line out?:)
 >
 >         -Alex:)
 >
 > PS - Thanks again to all those that helped me out before*grin*  This
is a
 > really wonder resource for us newbie coders:)

 cool beans i can help on one!
 a + means add the line
 a - means nuke that line
 a ! means append to that line

 usually with ! youll have a line like

 int burp;
 ! sprint("burp %d", burp);

 ----------------------------

 int burp;
 ! sprintf("burp loudly %d", burp);

 which means you take the ! Crap in the bottem part (below the line) and
 replace it with the ! in the upper part

 hope i helped.

 also another thing that helps with patch is to send output to a file in
 case of rejections (or check *.rej)

 patch < patch.this.patch 2> output.txt > anythingelse.txt

 I had to patch oasisOLC by hand and that helped a ton

 wart

--
hartman@kuntrynet.com