Re: [Code] Stupid Errors:)

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 12/18/96

On Tue, 17 Dec 1996, Alex Wingert wrote:

> This is a mobprog thing....
> I know, everyone prolly sick of seeing this:)
> gcc -c -g -O -Wall  mobcmd.c
> In file included from mobcmd.c:39:
> structs.h:984: syntax error before `socket_t'
> In file included from mobcmd.c:44:
> comm.h:33: syntax error before `desc'
> comm.h:43: syntax error before `sigfunc'
> comm.h:43: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
> *** Error code 1

You know, every time I see this question, I begin to wonder why there's
not some kind of readme included in the mobprog archive.  Something named
IMPORTANT_PL11, or the like, so that someone will look at it.  I have
seen this question ever since conf.h and sysdep.h were added (pl10?)...
Anyway, on to the good stuff:

  At the top of mobcmd.c, remove all the "#include <xxxx.h>" lines.
  ONLY REMOVE THE ONES WITH THE GREATER/LESSER THAN SIGNS, NOT THE
  ONES WITH THE QUOTATION MARKS.

  In their place add:
    #include "conf.h"
    #include "sysdep.h"

There's other problems with mobprogs (none of which affect compiling),
but since I don't personally use them [and never want to], I don't know
anything about the bugs.  I think, though, someone whom is familar with
the mobprog patch should fix it up.

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com