Re: Problems with EVENT patch

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 12/21/96

On Sat, 21 Dec 1996, Brian Jones wrote:

> site to compile. I followed the instructions in the text file to the
> letter. I'm added the information to the Makefile, so I don't see why its
> complaining. I'm runing Circle3.0bpl11, any help is greatly appreciated

It sounds like you forgot to add the make rule.  You can do so by
doing:

  gcc -MM events.c >> Makefile

Then going into the Makefile and at the very end adding:

        $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) events.c
  ^^^^^^

The underlined section above should be a TAB *not* spaces.  It won't
work if you use spaces.  Also make sure to press [ENTER] after that
line.  Make is kindof picky.

> Error Messages:
>
>  gcc -c -g -O -Wall -fno-strict-prototypes  comm.c
>  comm.c: In function `heartbeat':
>  comm.c:682: warning: implicit declaration of function `run_events'
>  gcc -c -g -O -Wall -fno-strict-prototypes  handler.c
>  handler.c: In function `extract_char':
>  handler.c:875: warning: implicit declaration of function `clean_events'

Implicit declarations are silly little things you don't need to bother
with, but if you want to, just prototype the run_events() and
clean_events() functions in comm.c and handler.c.  I can't tell you
how to prototype them, but I suspect it's something like:

  void run_events(void);
  void clean_events(struct char_data *);

Not sure, though.  Look at how it's cast in the events.c file (or
whatever it's called).

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com