[NEWBIE] Socials revisited (fwd)

From: krys (krys@iswest.net)
Date: 01/10/97

I was having the same problem with the socials stuff (techical termm :P)
So I put together and posted this load of info just a while ago.  If it
will help, here it is again.

I looked for that .doc sheet all over and someone was good enough to send
it to me, but it was a bit hard to follow for a bear of as liitle brain as
myself.  :)

Kristin

FORMAT:

<social name> <hidden?>* <min. position of victim>*
<as player himself sees action (w/o victim)>
<as witnesses see action (w/o victim)>
<as player sees action (w/ victim)>
<as witnesses see action (w/ victim)>
<as victim sees action>
<message seen by player when intended victim is not present>
<as player sees action if victim given is the player him/herself>
<as witnesses see action if victim given is the player him/herself>

*These two positions are to be entered in numerical code form.  The
numbers and their meanings are as follows:
<hidden?> (Used to determine the visibility of the action should the
	player using the social be invisible to others.  This of course
	depends on the surrounding characters ability to see the
	invisible.)
0	-	The action will be visible, but not the name of the player
		doing it.  Instead, the word "someone" is used.  Ex.: "Someone
		gooses you."
1	-	The action will not be visible at all.
<min. position of victim> (Used to determine the position of lowest
	alertness at which a player has to be for the social to affect them as a
	victim.  Therefore, players of this number or higher can be affected.)
0	-	dead
1	-	mortally wounded
2	-	incapacitated
3	-	stunned
4	-	sleeping
5	-	resting
6	-	sitting
7	-	fighting
8	-	standing

NAME REPLACEMENT CODES:

The following are used to bring about the appearance of names, pronouns
and possessives in the needed places:
 $e and $E	-	3rd person subject pronouns
 $e = 3rd person subject pronoun for player using social
 $E = 3rd person subject pronoun for victim
 $m and $M	-	3rd person predicate pronouns
 $m = 3rd person predicate pronoun for player using social
 $M = 3rd person predicate pronoun for victim
 $n and $N	-	character names
 $n = character name for player using social
 $N = character name for victim
 $s and $S	-	3rd person possessive pronouns
 $s = 3rd person possessive pronoun for player using social
 $S = 3rd person possessive pronoun for victim

LASTLY, a # is used to mark unused lines within a social, or to mark the
end if not every format line is used.

EXAMPLES:

comb 0 0
You comb your hair into a flock-of-seagulls do.
$n combs $s hair into a flock-of-seagulls do.
You comb $Ns hairboy is $S hair tangled!
$n combs $Ns hairseems $E cant do it $Mself.
$n combs your hair$e thinks $mself a beautician.
That person is not here.
You comb your hair.
$n combs $s hair.

Cackle 0 0
You cackle wickedly.
$n cackles wickedly.
#

Cuddle 1 5
Who do you want to cuddle?
#
You cuddle $M.
$n cuddles $N.
$n cuddles you.
That person isnt here.
Cuddling yourself?
#

"No, 'tis not so deep as a well, nor so wide as a church door; but
'tis enough, 'twill serve:  ask for me tomorrow, and you shall find
me a grave man.  I am peppered, I warrant, for this world."  -Mercutio

"Romeo was sweet, but Mercutio really knew how to party!"  -Juliet
       krys@powertrip.net   krys@outwest.net   krys@iswest.net
              krys@mail.proimages.com   krys@hick.com
      krys@spanking.com   krys@sixtynine.com   krys@horndog.com