NEWBIE SYSTEM-UNIX CODE:hmmm...

From: Dave (wcdi@cybercom.net)
Date: 01/13/97

well is that specific enough?:)
Hey people what's up? My name is Dave and I mud.  So, in an effort to find
out more about it, I d/led circle 3.0 beta patchlevel 11 to my
friend(administrator of an ISP)'s server. The server is BSDI BSD/OS 2.0(I
think...) and, while I can configure and compile correctly, I just can't
autorun &.

When I type autorun & I get a number of things:
most common is a 'shell1: {10} % autorun: Command not found.'
However, this is almost always accompanied by a new line with [1] 10659(or
some other 4 or 5 digit number)

or

'[1]    Exit 1                 autorun'

also, I get :

[2]  + Exit 1                 autorun
when I type just autorun.

Any help, from saying "moron, you just didn't compile right (have tried
re-d/ling, configuring, and making again)" to "well, the secret is..." would
be MUCH appreciated.  Thank you all:)
Dave