Re: demon_summon spec_proc

From: Niese-Petersen (Tenp@cris.com)
Date: 01/17/97

On Fri, 17 Jan 1997, Sammy wrote:

> - >   if (number(0,100) > number(0, 100))
>
> This looks like a 50-50 chance to me, which could be changed to:
>
>   if(number(0, 1))

You are right. At first look it does look like a 50-50 chance, but it
isn't, coz the second number() wont always be 49 [0-49 > 50-100]..
BUT! I cant really remember the number() [Writing this email at work, and
do not have the circle code], but if I do remember right, then executing
number() right after each other, got a good chance for be the same number.
Chance are then that it will be either the same or not the same.
So we got following:
a = first number(), b = second number()

a == b
a <  b
a  > b

33% chance that a > b, so I think !number(0,2( is better.

Erik Niese-Petersen
AKA Quint the typo dane
Realms of Darkness IMP