Re: [NEWBIE] Random Quest

From: Chris Warren (chris@calligrafix.co.uk)
Date: 01/22/97

JEREMY IRISH wrote:

> HELP!
>
> Basically, what I want to do is make a random number, check if a mobile has that number and
> exists in the world, and return the mobile to make checks on it (AFF_NOSUMMON, etc). As a
> newbie, I'm having a terrible time with this. This code will eventually be used for random
> quests.

Well this is what I use for my randomly generated quest system....

temp=number(1,top_of_mobt);
for (questmob = character_list; questmob; questmob = questmob->next)
  if(GET_MOB_RNUM(questmob)==temp)
    if (CAN_SEE(ch, questmob) && questmob->in_room != NOWHERE &&
       (!IS_SET(MOB_FLAGS(questmob),MOB_NOTARGET)))
    {
      found = 1;
      break;
    }else
    {
      temp=number(1,top_of_mobt);
      questmob = character_list;
    }

not the nicest of code but it works, one problem if no suitable mobs are
found (EXTREMELY unlikely) then you get an infinite loop :(

Chris