[NEWBIE] Random Quest

From: JEREMY IRISH (JIRISH@rcksuni1.is.ge.com)
Date: 01/22/97

HELP!

Basically, what I want to do is make a random number, check if a mobile has that number and
exists in the world, and return the mobile to make checks on it (AFF_NOSUMMON, etc). As a
newbie, I'm having a terrible time with this. This code will eventually be used for random
quests.

I'm also at work now, so I'm going to have to sketch out the basics here without the code in
front of me:

    for (mcounter = 0; mcounter < 99999; mcounter ++)
    {
        mob_vnum = number(50, 32600);

        if ( (vsearch = mob_index[mob_vnum].virtual ) != NULL )
                        ^^
                        this is wrong

        {
            level_diff = GET_LEVEL(vsearch) - GET_LEVEL(ch);

            if (((GET_LEVEL(vsearch) < 34 && level_diff > -4)
		...etc..
		(LOTS OF CHECKS GO HERE)

		break;
                else vsearch = NULL;
        }
    }

I'll be happy to share this if it ever gets done!

-Jeremy