RE: [ansi (||) hotkeys ]

From: Tempus Fugit. MUD Administrator (mud@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx)
Date: 01/30/97

On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Gary Barnett wrote:

> I've been wanting to 'auto-detect' ANSI for some time now.. never took
> the time to figure out how it was done. I think it's time to go look at the
> source to the old BBS I used to run.. Hopefully some gems of understanding
> will pop out.. If I can figure out an elegant way of implementing such a
> detection routine I'll post it.

Wouldn't something simple, like:

What is thy name:

MythagoANSI

Be used? This is an example but by putting a special string in the login
name ANSI could be specified on startup (it could also be done by putting
two different "Enter the game" letter in the menu).

Maybe I am missing the point, what exactly wants to be done here?

Eduo