Re: [Reality Check]

From: JTRhone (ujtr@lady.cs.sunyit.edu)
Date: 01/31/97

On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, Robert Levy aka Csc the Cyber space cadet wrote:

<snip>
> coding/building/playing on the MUD. I would like to remind you that it is
> the PLAYERS who MAKE or BREAK a MUD. Without PLAYERS, there would be NO MUD.
<snip>

In my particular situation, even though we have a good pbase, the mud as
an entity would still exist rather nicely without players.  It's my hobby,
it's what I do for fun... code.  I'll improve the mud with 40 people
online or with 1 person online, it makes no difference to me.

In most circumstances, I agree that players' views do make a difference,
but one must be cautious not to try to satisfy every whim of a player, as
you'll only end up putting things _you_ want to do on hold to try to make
someone else happy.  I listen to people all the time and take the best
ideas I hear into consideration.  However, when someone 'suggests' like 85
things within a 2 day span, I turn them to ftp.circlemud.org and tell them
to start their own.

just some cents for ya

jtrhone aka vall RoA

<no sig, i quit, thanx>