Re: MUD CRASHING

From: Lew/Ryan Guthrie (guthrie@henge1.henge.com)
Date: 02/10/97

>I modified circlemud 3 pl11 for the AIX operating system add features.
>Everything worked fine, but site went down so I switched to Linux, now the
>mud is crashing after someone logs on for about 10 second. No matter want
>point you are at in logging on the mud still crashes after about 10 seconds..
I am currently having the same problem, one thing that i have looked at is
my syslog, it is showing this:
Mon Feb 10 15:45:06 :: SYSERR: Unknown apply adjust attempt (handler.c,
affect_modify).
It shoes that for 23,000 lines, when it stopes writing to the logfile it
stops responding, although i am not sure if it is crashing.  you chould
check to see if the mud is restarting itself or just not responding to
anything.  Btw, if anyone has any responce to my problem it would be
great, also whenever i add in a prompt patch, it says pfile is corrept.