Re: [gdb] crash

From: Sammy (samedi@dhc.net)
Date: 02/16/97

On Mon, 17 Feb 1997, DJ Pure wrote:

> I'll try porting it to UNIX again and giving it another go... but it works
> perfectly on my test win95 server here at home. It's when i copy the exact
> same files over to the mud on a red hat linuxy thingy that it crashes ...
> is it possible that the code isn't portable when it compiles perfectly on
> both machines, with ALL the code (even from all the other files) is
> identical ?? There is no complex code in it... only arrays.

Any free functions?  Different operating systems handle memory problems in
different ways.  I've always assumed windows is as likely to crash as
anything but it could be that it was hiding a mistake in your code.  If
you can make it crash with a command, gdb and step can find your problem.
If not, then you'll probably have to go through your codewith a fine tooth
comb.

Sam