Re: weapon profs

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 02/17/97

On Mon, 17 Feb 1997, Brian Williams - Nashak wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to go about weapon
> proficiencies.. like classify weapons in a certain class
> i.e. slashing be 1h slashing
> crush/bludgeon be 1h bludgeon
> pierce 1h piercing
> rest 1h misc
> and then depending on what klind of weapon yer wielding..
> you get like proficiency/10 extra damage..
> i.e. 100% 1h slashing with a sword, would do 10 extra

Easy enough (for me anyway). Add them like normal skills (eg., the
defines, spello, etc.), use one of the unused values on a weapon to
hold which skill the weapon depends upon, if 0 then provide no
bonuses, if non-zero then:

  dam += GET_SKILL(ch, GET_OBJ_VAL(weap, 3))/10;

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com