Re: Your auto-eq patch

From: Burkhard Knopf (burkhard.knopf@informatik.tu-clausthal.de)
Date: 02/18/97

 Nic> Hi, i have discovered that your auto-eq patch is duping one
 Nic> piece of eq every time a ch enters. eg, someone quits the game
 Nic> with: a short sword, a jacket, a helmet; they re-enter the game
 Nic> with (2) short swords, a jacket and a helmet. I noticed in the
 Nic> code that you had a comment there that checked if 'saved player
 Nic> with double equipment[j]?', so i fixed it to not give eq when
 Nic> this happened, like this:
     else /* oops - saved player with double equipment[j]? */
       locate = -99;
     if (locate <= 0 && locate != -99)
       obj_to_char(obj, ch);

 Nic> this stops it from equipping a ch with the extra item, but ONLY
 Nic> when the ch was wearing that item. if the ch had something in
 Nic> inventory, they get one of them back every time. i wasnt sure
 Nic> how to stop this, and was wondering if you had previously
 Nic> encountered this problem. ive been trying to figure this out
 Nic> myself, but im not having anyluck. any pointers would be
 Nic> great...

That's strange. I guess it's something to do with the OS your mud is
running on --  it never happened to me, neither on a SUN nor a DEC
ULTRIX.

Anyone else happened to have this problem, or any idea how to solve
it?

Burkhard

--
burkhard.knopf@informatik.tu-clausthal.de