Re: [RFC] FAQs, Discussion, etc

From: John Evans (evansj@texas.net)
Date: 02/20/97

On Thu, 20 Feb 1997, Alex wrote:

> > Unmoderated or not, something needs to be done about how many
> > times it's been necessary to say, "Read the faq".
> So, who is for a weekly send-out of the FAQ again?  Heh.  Or maybe
> we should just send it to everyone who obviously hasn't read it.
> Comments?  I'm all for it myself.

While I rarely post, I ALWAYS read. Unlike some other mailing lists that
I've been on the noise-to-signal ratio here is GREAT! To reduce it even
farther, sending out the FAQ once a week would probably help. I am all for
it as it takes me no effort to read my inbox, but launching the browser
and hitting the site every week or two is more time consuming (and
therefore, less appealing.)

To make up for the bandwidth usage that the FAQ will use, perhaps drop the
"mailing list sig file" (don't know what it is really called) that is
appended to ALL emails that past through the daemon.

This is the sig file that I speak of:
V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V

John Evans

mailto:evansj@texas.net
http://www.texas.net/~evansj   [RPGs, SCA, MUDs and Search Engines]
slanted.elfwerks.com:2020      [Slanted Reality]