Re: [IDEA] levelless mud

From: claywar (claywar@cetlink.net)
Date: 02/23/97

> Oh, of course, that's why Midgaard, Rome, and a Chessboard where you
> kill pawns are there...I don't think Circle's world was designed to
> be for heavily-themed games to be running off of it. If so, then it's
> a really poor example. Otherwise, it's great for a hack-n-slash mud.

The point I was trying to get at is that the world should be more of a
genre than a theme.  Themes in my mind try to direct the players too much,
and in a true RP environment, players should have their own goals, and go
about on their own quests in hopes of attaining these goals (note:
character goals, not player goals).

cw!