Game balance

From: Josh B. (beavis@pcpartner.net)
Date: 02/24/97

Hello,

I'm currently working on my mud, and have realized that game balance seems
to be one of the most confusing aspects of the game.  What are some tips on
balancing the game.  I mean, how do you know if a mob is too strong, or too
easy, and is giving too much experience.  How do you know if a weapon is too
strong, or the mud is too easy in general.  My mud is currently in
developing stage, where I'm just experimenting, having players test it,
etc., but what is the best way to ensure that the game is balance.  Can this
question be answered? :)

Thanks in advance,

Josh