Re: [CODE] 2 odd things that haunt me..

From: Mark Dickey (mark@OKEEFE.BESTWEB.NET)
Date: 07/13/97

Ok, I have one more question at the moment.

I just got it to work (having players return to the game t\where they
quit) but if they quit to the menu, and enter the game, they return in the
default location.

So, if the player quits, chooses option 0, and telnets back to the game,
it works perfectly, but if the player quits, and chooses option 1, he
returns to the default location.  What I expect is happening is that the
player is not getting saved when he the game, but when he chooses option
0.  The strange thing is, is that in my "do_quit" I have found where it
shows the menu, and there is a save_char before it.  I also looked, and
there doen't seem to be any more save_chars after that point.

I also took almost all of the save-chars and changed them to save the
players location.  If you want, I can post any code that would be helpful.

I expect it is a real stupid mistake of mine, but....... *sigh*

Mark Dickey
mark@bestweb.net